- 150 g – crushed Oreos
- 100 ml – melted butter
- 375 ml – whipped fresh cream
- 375 g – caster sugar
- 150 ml – milk
- 25 g – gelatine
- 250 g – curd
- 1 cup – Oreos, roughly chopped
- 100 g – dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 100 ml – fresh cream
- Mix the crushed Oreos with the melted butter in a medium bowl until well combined. Pour the Oreo mixture into an ungreased 9- or 10-inch springform pan and pat the crumbs down into the bottom of the pan to make a flat, compact base. Chill the crust while you prepare the filling.
- Add a few tablespoons of water to the gelatine and let it soften. Meanwhile, in a heavy-bottomed pan over low heat, heat the fresh milk and add the caster sugar. Stir until the sugar is dissolved. Once the sugar has dissolved, add the softened gelatine. Keep stirring until the gelatine is dissolved and there are no lumps. Take the mixture off the heat and let it cool down.
- Heat the fresh cream in a small saucepan over low heat. When the cream is steaming, add it to the dark chocolate and mix it well until all the chocolate has melted. Leave it aside to set
- When the milk mixture has cooled down, pour it into a large bowl and whisk in the curd until smooth. Fold in the whipped cream, making sure it’s incorporated into the curd mixture. Add the roughly chopped Oreos and give it a good mix.
- Pour the cream mixture into the prepared tin over the Oreo base and allow it to chill for 1-2 hours until firm.
- Once the Oreo Curd Cake is firm, pour the ganache over the cake and chill it for 15 minutes for the ganache to set. Unmould the cake when the ganache has set and decorate with some festive pieces.